Private Nurse, Live-In and Hourly Home Care and Companion Service
Since 1980, we have built Winsted Nursing Care Service to be the premier homecare provider in Northwest Connecticut specializing quality home care by professional and compassionate caregivers.
Our vetting process and placement provides the highest quality professional caregivers who are devoted to serving each client with kindness, courtesy, compassion and the utmost respect for their individual requirements and dignity. Because of this process you can trust that we are providing you and your loved ones with superior level of care, compassion and professionalism that we would expect for our own loved ones, this is reflective of the many kind words expressed from those that we have had the privilege to serve.
We appreciate your business and look forward to providing you with exceptional In-home caregivers.
All of our caregivers are trained Home Health Aides (HHA's), Patient Care Assistants (PCA's) or Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA's) willing to assist with health care and daily activity needs. We are a caring, concerned organization that believes elderly and unwell individuals are special people that need special people. Our services focus on assistance with daily activities like the examples in the list below, so that you or your loved one can have the highest quality of life.
- Social interaction and company
- Personal care (bathing, dressing, incontinence care, transfer assist, etc.)
- Assistance with daily household tasks (cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.)
- Help with medication reminder
- Transportation within the community or for medical purposes
- Assist with telephone calls and correspondence
- Around-the-clock support and safeguarding
- End of life care
We work hard to match the personalities of our Caregivers and clients, so that you will feel truly comfortable with the person that will be spending so much time with you or your loved one.
It can be worrisome to watch your parents or loved ones grow older and more frail. You wonder how you can juggle your own schedule and also help them with the basic activities of everyday life. Our Live-in Caregivers are a perfect, affordable solution. Just knowing someone trained and reliable is there morning, daytime, evening and through the night, can be a huge relief and in many cases might be the only safe option for them to remain at home.
Our Live-in Caregivers are totally committed to their clients and are always available to provide immediate help 24/7 for which your Caregiver will need a separate bedroom and 8 hours of sleep with 1 or 2 interruptions.
- Our Live-in Caregiver rates are $1,250.00 per week for a single member household and $1,460.00 per week for a two-person household. These amounts include the agency fee. From this, your Live-in Caregiver is paid $900.00 (or $1,110.00 for two persons) directly by the client each week. The agency portion is billed separately each month. Live-in rates are available on a daily basis based on the above rates.
- Due to the cost of travel, the Live-in Caregiver's travel expense is paid by the client. This is the case for any relief caregiver which may be needed when time off is requested. All modes of transportation are explored to keep costs minimal.
- There are 7 holidays that the Live-in Caregiver is paid an additional $65.00 for the day. These holidays are Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
Our Hourly Caregivers are specially trained caregivers including Home Health Aides, Patient Care Assistants and Certified Nursing Assistants who provide enhanced non-medical personal care to elderly or unwell clients in their own homes or care facilities.
As always we work hard to match the personalities of our Caregivers and our clients, so that you will feel truly comfortable with the person that will be spending so much time with you or your loved one.
- Our Hourly Caregiver rate is $20.00 per hour. Of this, your Caregiver is paid $15.00 per hour directly by the client at the end of each week. The remaining $5.00 per hour agency fee is billed separately each month.
- The agency supports the client with scheduling the plan of care for continuity. The hourly Caregiver has a 2 hour minimum and may be paid mileage one way to the client if the distance is greater than 10 miles. The current rate is $ .535 per mile and based on IRS rates.
- There are 7 holidays where the Caregiver is paid time and a half for each hour. These are Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, New Year's Day and Christmas.
Winsted Nursing Care provides 24-hour 7-day a week home care service
We are able to provide you with a very cost efficient, single source, service for individualized care management and the necessary specialized caregivers. Further, in order to ensure continued quality care, Winsted Nursing Care Service provides:
- Ongoing liaison with client family members
- Your caregivers carry liability insurance.
- Thoroughly screened, referenced, criminal back ground checked caregivers
- Ongoing scheduling with assurance that coverage will be maintained when your caregiver requests time off.
- Agency staff is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week for any questions and any problems that may occur as needs change